FAQs

How do I care for my new piece of jewelry?

Please use appropriate care to enjoy and cherish our jewelry. We recommend using a silver polishing cloth. We do NOT recommend cleaning the items with liquid sterling silver cleaner or silver polish. Avoid direct contact with water (salt or fresh), excessive perspiration, and chemicals such as chlorine, sulfur, perfume, detergent and lotion. Excessive light, heat or moisture will deteriorate the quality of stones, plating on the metal and crystals & stones. The color of the crystals and some stones may fade if constantly exposed to the sun.

Our collections consist of precious metal (sterling silver) and they are often plated with gold. The metal may darken or tarnish with normal wear. We recommend gently wiping the metal surface with a polishing cloth; however, excessive polishing will rub off the plating and is not recommended.

Because most of the stones used in our collection are natural crystal, semi-precious or precious stones and pearls, they may vary in shape, size and color. Inclusions can be seen in natural stones and is a part of their beauty. Also note Pearls and most stones do not stand the force of cleaning agents, polishing cloth or ultrasonic cleaners.

   

What is sterling silver jewelry?

Sterling silver jewelry contains an alloy of 92.5% pure silver. .925 sterling silver is comprised of 92.5% pure silver alloyed with other metals for strength, shine, and durability. The remaining 7.5% of the alloy is usually comprised of copper or nickel. Sterling silver jewelry is stamped with ".925" to indicate the purity of metal.

 

What is rhodium plating?

Rhodium plating is a member of the platinum group of metals; rhodium is often used to give a platinum type finish and adds durability and anti-tarnish to silver. Rhodium plating provides protection for our sterling silver jewelry and gold jewelry, coating it to help prevent tarnish and scratches.

 

What is gold over silver?

Gold over silver is silver layered in gold. This gives the jewelry the appearance and shine of gold but offers it at a lower price.

 

What is rose gold over silver?

Rose gold over silver is a gold alloy that is made by combining yellow gold with copper to achieve a rosy pink hue.

 

What is enamel?

Enamel is glass or colored material fused to the surface of metal for a decorative design.

 

What is E-coating?

E-coating, also known as electro-coating or electro deposition, is a method that uses electrical current to coat a metal surface with an organic lacquer, covering every nook and cranny on the jewelry with an even and consistent protective coat. This coat protects the sterling silver used to create the jewelry. E-coated jewelry isn't as shiny as rhodium plated pieces and has a warmer tone in color, but it lets the natural beauty of the sterling silver come through without fear of damage.

 

What is cubic zirconia?

Cubic zirconia is also known as a simulated diamond, which captures the beauty of natural stones and looks like diamonds. Cubic zirconia (CZ) is the cubic crystalline form of zirconium dioxide (ZrO2). The synthesized material is hard, optically flawless and usually colorless, but may be made in a variety of different colors. Because of its low cost, durability, and close visual likeness to diamonds, it is the most common stone to be used for luxury jewelry  to look more expensive without the high cost or anyone knowing if it is a real diamond or not.